Fri, Feb 11|
Cooking with Pauline
**ALL FREE INGREDIENTS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED! ** If you would still like to join and cook along with your own ingredients, click on "RSVP" for the recipe and register! Join us for a fun evening of cooking with our Community Kitchen facilitator Pauline.
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
About the Event
ALL FREE INGREDIENTS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED!
If you are still interested in joining and cooking along, check out the recipe below!
EASY HEALTHY TACO SALAD RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF Learn how to make taco salad in just 20 minutes, using common ingredients! The whole family will love this EASY, healthy taco salad recipe with ground beef.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Total: 20 minutes Servings: 6 servings
INGREDIENTS 1 lb Ground beef
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp Taco seasoning
2 cups rice
1 1/3 cup Grape tomatoes (halved)
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup Green onions (chopped)
1/3 cup Salsa
1/3 cup Sour cream
1. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add ground beef. Stir fry, breaking up the pieces with a spatula, for about 7-10 minutes, until the beef is browned and moisture has evaporated.
2. Stir taco seasoning into the ground beef until well combined. If you like, you can also add 1/4 cup of water when adding the seasoning and let it simmer a bit.
3. Meanwhile, add cooked rice to bowl, then add desired toppings.
TO COOK RICE
1. Add 4 cups of liquid, combo of broth and water, into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add about 1 ½ tsp salt and 2 cups of rice.
2. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to low (about 2) and set a timer for 20 minutes. Do not peak or take off the lid.
3. When timer is done, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes
4. Fluff with a fork and serve.